Pages

Friday, March 2, 2018

2018 Master the Rulers: Studio 180 Design Blockbuster 8

Today is Blockbuster #8 in my quest to master the Studio 180 Design Rulers.  BlockBuster #8 is called 54-50 or the Fight Block, and it uses the V Block Trimmer.

I have used the V Block Ruler, in my latest pattern Ramblin' Star.  So I have a great feel, a great handle on making the V Block units.



I started the V- Block unit by cutting out my template pieces with the V-Block® Trimmer.  The directions for cutting out the template pieces can be found in the ruler instructions that came with the ruler.



I then lined up the long edge of the side triangle with the edges of the center triangle.  Then stitched down the long edge. Press open and repeat on the other side.



Now is the fun part of trimming the unit to size using the V Block® Trimmer.


Using the Trim downside of the ruler makes it so easy to get the accuracy you need to get that finished size.


Now that my V Block units were complete, the rest of the block was pretty easy.  I had to make the Four Patch Units and cut out the center unit square.


Time to start assembling the unit.


I stitched the rows together, once I had each row together. I then stitched all the rows together to get the finished block. One thing you need to remember with stitching the units together is to make sure the points line up in the V Block sections. You need to get a nice clean point on the side and bottom of the units.


My 54-50 or Fight block is now complete.  What do you think? This was a fun and easy block to make.

Next week, I will be making Blockbuster # 9 - Three in One block, using the V BlockⓇ Trimmer and the Tucker® Trimmer 1.  

Talk to you next week, and remember if you have missed the first six Blockbuster blocks you can catch up HERE.

Have a great weekend of Creating!


Tina

"Designing to Inspire"

No comments:

Post a Comment